Enticed by increasing legislation and escalating monetary awards, it is no surprise that employment related claims continue to rise with an unforeseeable end. Take a look at the following statistic: According to the EEOC for the six months ended April 30, 2010, more than 70,000 people have filed claims alleging job discrimination. This is a 60% increase over the same period a year earlier.
- Wrongful termination
- Failure to promote
- Harassment of any kind
- Unfair hiring practices
- Numerous other workplace torts
How DSP Can Help
- Risk Analysis – annually to evaluate:
- Employee Handbook
- Operational changes
- Events that could create potential claims
- Market Evaluation of contracted carriers and specialty markets capable of handling the required exposures, coverages, territories and policy forms.
- Risk Management Plan development to tailor coverages and forms to meet client needs.
- Safety Initiatives access to loss control services including legal council and insurance company risk management websites, allows you to manage your current or future employment related issues.
- Contract Review specialists make sure policies appropriately cover and adhere to insured contracts protecting client’s interests.
- Claims Management specialists assist with reporting and managing all claims.
- Renewal Risk Analysis 90 to 120 days prior to renewal we meet with clients to begin a new risk analysis